Thursday, November 3, 2011

We're Pregnant!

We are so thrilled to be expecting a second time. What a sweet surprise it was to find out that warm sunny August morning. Getting pregnant in August wasn't the plan. But one morning during a run, I could smell every flower, every scent that I had not smelled for the 2 months I had been running on the same trail. And I knew. I just knew that I was pregnant. I remember being amazed at my sense of smell when I was pregnant with Jayden. I had just finished reading the 4th Twilight book and felt like Bella... suddenly smelling it all. Anyways, thats really how I knew.
The next morning I woke up and took a test I had left over from the first time.
Pregnant.
wow. Jesse was brushing his teeth when I showed him. He just starred and kept brushing with a huge smile on his face. Jonathan was living with us and was sitting out on the couch eating breakfast. So we joined him and shared the news. There the 3 of us sat in amazement. What a sweet memory.
Being pregnant a second time is a different experience. Dare I say, even more exciting? I know what to expect now and I can't wait! I really can't. I adore, love, and enjoy being a mom so much. I am blessed.

This baby feels so different. With Jayden I wasn't nausous, this time I am. With Jayden I wanted meat and potatoes and NO desserts, this time I want ice-cream and cereal. Jayden carried low, this baby is so high. All a reminder that I'm not getting another Jayden. I'm getting a whole new little person. And I can't wait!

Since Jayden doesn't let me walk anywhere these days without holding him, just putting him down for this picture led to a complete meltdown. Notice the tears and arms reaching for Momma. I'm gonna save this picture and remind him some day... You wanted me all the time. You needed my hugs and kisses. I was your first love.




3 comments:

  1. You two are so lovely :) I wish I could have seen him! You know I've only seen him at like 4 weeks and through pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you look so great!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete