We spent Saturday at Civil War Days in Naper Settlement. It turned out to be a very HOT 92 degree day.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
In the backseat on the way home from a Bulls game. He was born a ladies man.
Jayden enjoying the Press Box at the Bulls Game with Daddy. Notice him drinking Sprite, orange juice, ice cream, and cookies....
My Man. My lil Man.
We are moving soon. Don't know where too yet... Hoping to get boxes cleared up before baby girl comes!
We are house hunting and looking to relocate... In all our spare time of course!
Jayden riding the Easter Train all by himself.
We're having a girl!
The weather has been amazing!!
Playing Pooh Sticks with Daddy.
Grandpa is home!! Jayden reeeally missed him!
Thankful for everyone's prayers and the fact that Grandpa is back... happy and healthy!!
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Since day 1 this pregnancy has been different from the first. They say every pregnancy is different but I think they are boy/girl different. All of the old gender wives tales have been true so far for me.
1. Jayden: I was STARVING! I mean I couldn't even make it through the night without eating, not once, but TWICE! I would have graham crackers and nutri-grain bars on my night stand. I would wake up absolutely famished and have to eat right then. This lasted the whole entire pregnancy. And at the age of 1, he can out eat me! Baby Girl: I have very little appetite. Unless she is craving sweets.
2. Jayden: Cravings were Meat,Veggies, and Beer. And if you know me, none of these are food I would ever crave. And now that he is here, he loves meat. Steamed veggies are his favorite food. And well, he may or may not have found a beer bottle with one last sip in it and then asked for "mo" (more) My food aversions were anything sweet. Baby girl: Cravings were chocolate, sweethearts, and ICECREAM! Food aversions are veggies, veggies, and more veggies. YUCK! She is making it very hard to eat healthy. I literally choke on veggies sometimes. I just can't stomach them. Maybe a carrot, but thats about it.
3. Jayden: I didn't have any nausea. Baby girl: I had nausea well until 20 weeks.
4. Jayden: Belly was very low and wide. Baby girl: Belly is much higher and not as wide.
5. Jayden: so so so swollen! Baby girl: no swelling....so far
6. Jayden: sciatic pain Baby girl: Symphysis pubic dysfunction, SPD Both painful but right now SPD is more painful because it happens constantly when I move. Doc says you shouldn't work out with SPD and no joke! It would be too painful! :(
7. Jayden: Couldn't stay up past 6pm Baby girl: stay up till 12am working on poms nearly every night.
8. Jayden: moved all the time. I mean constantly. I noticed when he wasn't moving. His movements were hard and all over the place. Baby girl: sometimes I worry I haven't felt her all day. Then the next day she is flipping and flopping. So moody already:) Her movements are like little flutters. I rarely feel a hard kick and they are always in the same spot.
Well that is all that is coming to mind right now. The only thing that is the same about both pregnancies is the amount of stress we are under. When we were 8 months pregnant with Jayden, Jesse was unemployed, we were looking to move, and I broke my foot. This time we have serious health issues in the family, we are looking to move, we have no free time with J running around, and I am swamped with the new biz.
We really COVET your prayers right now. Lots. Going. On.
"When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way." Psalm 142:3
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Today we met with the ENT to discuss ear tubes and came to the decision it is now time. I was hoping she would say his ears are all clear and things are looking up. But nope, he still has constant fluid in his ear. They did some more hearing tests on him and he has some hearing loss due to the fluid. We assume this has been impacting his speech. My sweet boy was so brave as they were poking and prodding his head. Our doctor was truly amazing and kept him smiling and laughing. He left with a handful of stickers and some prizes from the prize box. He left smiling. And that is a big deal seeing how he's been to the doctor every week this past month.
So please say a prayer for him. We are trying to schedule the surgery very soon.
Monday, January 16, 2012
I know I have yet to blog about Christmas but here is a quick video for my mom. She recently paid for Jayden to have gym class at Gymboree Play and Music center and we cannot thank her enough!!!
I was looking for a class that would allow Jayden to use his energy and do something special before baby sissy is here. There are a lot of options out there. (Unfortunately all extremely expensive.) We saw gymboree offers a free trial class and since one opened up 2 weeks ago literally 1 minute from our house, we decided to go. Jayden LOVED it. It was perfect for him and perfect for us. We decided to enroll him in the Saturday gym class so that both Jesse and I could take him there together. He is also enrolled in the art class and music class during the week. Another perk of gymboree is the free open gym times. Most places charge an extra fee for open gym. It has been so much fun watching the joy Jayden has at gymboree. He claps when we pull into the parking lot and isn't shy at all. Did I mention he LOVES it?! I personally like the structured "circle time" they offer but also the fact that he doesn't have to sit and participate in it. He is learning each time to sit a little longer though.
Anyways, Here is a video of Jayden on the go at one of the climbing structures. The kid doesn't stop moving the whole hour we are there. Thanks Grammy! You're the best!