Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lincoln Park Zoo




I thought the best thing about Lincoln Park Zoo was going to be that it was free.  However, Jesse and I scored big with a day at the zoo where every animal we visited was active and within inches or feet from us!  Here are some of the animals we meet that day...



Only the glass window pane is separating Jesse from this sleeping black bear.










Giraffes are my favorite animals and I cannot get enough pictures of them!



















So thoughtful...










This polar bear swam right to us with his nose on the glass.














As always, I stop for a cotton candy break.










Sleepy Kitty...














Aren't jaguars beautiful?!



The kangaroos were very active.














This one is for you mom....little meerkat!




Even the drinking fountains are cute!











Last but not least.... adorable little naked rats sound asleep in their rat nest....yuck!
(If had some poison I would have tossed a little in here)

1 comment:

  1. Jen, You are beautiful! And, I LOVE the Lincoln Park Zoo! I can't wait to bring Porter there when he is older!

    ReplyDelete